Interesting news from Google earlier this month.
We shipped experimental support for web intents in Chrome in order to gather data and feedback about the API and help inform its development. Now that we’ve gathered enough data, we’ve disabled the experimental support for web intents as of version 24. After carefully reviewing the feature, we have identified a number of areas for development in both the API and specific user experience in Chrome. We’ll use the results of this experiment to help us make sure we’re approaching the important problem of inter-webapp communication in the best possible way. As we review the results, we’ll endeavor to share our findings more widely. We’re still interested in this problem space and will continue to explore it.